BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Past

This isn't very far into my past, but it helped me learn a lot.

I had been with my boyfriend for about eight months. We were inseparable, or so it seemed. Our relationship was going great, until suddenly it wasn't. He was going through a lot of family trouble and was taking it out on me. I tried so hard to support him and give him what he needed, but he kept lashing out and got meaner everyday. I finally couldn't handle the stress of it and broke up with him after he said some pretty mean stuff to me.

You think it would be easy to end a relationship with someone that hurt you, but it was the farthest thing from easy. I was so upset and burst into tears what felt like a million times a day. I was so depressed and had no desire to really do anything. After about three or four weeks the tears subsided, but I still struggled. It's hard to have someone that was so close to you for a pretty long part of your life just vanish. To go from talking every day to not speaking one word to you is horrible and takes major adjusting.

I learned a lot about myself and relationships during that time. I realized that it's not my job to make someone else happy, and I can't put myself over the edge trying to do so. I learned to focus on myself and that I could get through things that were really difficult. I learned I didn't need anyone else and I am still super young and should have other priorities. Relationships are hard and shouldn't be messed around with. I grow super attached to people and it is so hard to let go.

0 comments: